This is another one of my Pinterest finds! It just sounds super delicious and it looks pretty too! This week’s drink is a summer sip again – one that came from MOM Magazine. Follow the directions below to make your very own Summer Pineapple Strawberry Cooler!
Summer Pineapple Strawberry Cooler
- 1 12-ounce can frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 6-ounce can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 4 cups cold water * 1 liter club soda, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Fresh strawberries (optional)
- Short (6-inch) wooden skewers
- Assorted fruits such as halved orange slices, halved lime slices, orange sections, raspberries, strawberries, sliced kiwifruit, and mint sprigs
In a large pitcher combine pineapple juice concentrate, limeade, and water. Chill for at least 30 minutes. To serve, transfer fruit juice mixture to pitchers; add club soda, ice cubes, and fresh strawberries.
Serve with Fruit Swizzle Sticks, if desired.
Makes 14 (6-ounce) servings.
Fruit Swizzle Sticks: On short (6-inch) wooden skewers, thread assorted fruits and mint sprigs. Make-Ahead Tip: Up to 24 hours ahead, prepare the juice mixture and chill well. Proceed as directed.
Sit back, soak up the sunshine sipping a sweet drink and enjoy summer.
Recipe from Daily Recipes, find more fun summer drinks here.
I found this recipe here.
This week I would like to talk about how thankful I am for my boyfriend. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life. No boyfriend has ever taken care of me, worried about me, or loved me like he does. He is the sweetest guy who always has nothing but good intentions. While the majority of our relationship is a long distance one, his kind heart and caring personality makes up for it. He’s always there when I need him and I know that I can count on him even from two states away. I am so incredibly lucky to be dating someone as wonderful as Jim.
Nothing catches a man’s eye like a woman in a short, tight dress and heels with killer legs. So here’s a workout to make your legs look amazing and your butt look great under that skin tight dress for your night out.
Dating is fun, but it can also get boring after a while if you don’t come up with some fresh ideas. So here are some ideas that I’ve come up with to liven up your dating life.
- Go miniature golfing. It’s fun to feel like a kid again! Laugh, goof off, and have a blast! For a little extra fun, go at night when they turn the lights on – in my opinion everything is always better with light up stuff, haha.
- Take a romantic walk through some gardens. Look up what nice gardens or hikes there are around your area, grab your camera, and enjoy the view. I just recently did this with my man, and we had a great time and got some really great pictures. Most places are free for self guided tours.
- Take a cooking class together. Or just cook a meal together. If you have the money to spend, sign up for an interesting cooking or baking class of some kind. If not, just pick a recipe that looks yummy to both of you and get cooking! It’s a great way to reconnect and have a delicious meal.
- Plant a small garden together and take care of it. Buy a box planter, go to a nursery together, and get those hands dirty! You can grow flowers, vegetables, fruits – whatever you want! Just make sure to water your plants and feed them fresh air!
- Pretend you’re meeting for the first time. Dress up, meet at a bar or a coffee shop and act like you’re just meeting each other for the first time. Your guy can hit on you and buy you a drink, and you can flirt with him and boost his ego. Who knows, maybe you’ll even go home together… ;)
- Go out to dinner, but get dessert first. Turn a casual dinner into something a little fun and crazy. Confuse your waiter by ordering dessert first! Get as many as you want or taste them all! Then, depending on how full you are, you can order your meals, split one, or get an appetizer. We all deserve a little extra sugar every once in a while.
- Go house hunting. Go to open houses and pick out your dream house that you may want some day. Have fun talking about your future and discuss how you might decorate.
- Test drive fun cars. Test drive sports cars, cars you can’t afford, or even your dream car. Have fun living a fantasy life together for a day.
- Go crazy with paint. Set up a big canvas or paper in the backyard and throw/splatter paint at it together. Make sure to wear old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty and make sure you’re far enough away from the house so that paint won’t splatter on it.
- Laser tag. Go to a local arcade or laser tag place and play a game or two. It’s different, it’s fun, it’s definitely something your guy will enjoy.
I apologize for not posting much this week. This week has just been so hectic for me. I feel terrible about it and I plan to catch up so you all won’t miss a thing! I realize that it is already Thursday, but I intend to write posts for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, so keep an eye out for those!
When I was little, my grandma always used to say that “can’t” should not exist in my vocabulary. It’s not true. I can do anything and everything. I can do whatever I put my mind to. I have the power to do whatever I need to do and want to do. I just have to try, and not give up. Throughout my life that message has stuck with me. I can. I can get over this boy, I can do ten more crunches, I can write this term paper. The important thing is that you believe in yourself and that you believe that you can no matter what anyone else may say or think. So the next time you think that you aren’t capable of passing a class, running a mile, being the bigger person, or learning something new, just tell yourself that you can, and don’t give up.
My heart goes out to all of the victims of the mass shooting in Aurora, Colorado and their families. I myself have family in Colorado, so when I heard the news I was incredibly grateful to find out that my family was nowhere near Aurora. To anyone who was affected by this horrible tragedy, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
I saw this cute little graphic someone made, and thought I’d share it.
Graphic Credit: http://littleleaguecomic.tumblr.com
Happy Saturday everyone!
This week a certain drink that was posted on another blog caught my eye and I’ve decided to spread the word. I haven’t tried this one, but it sounds delicious. So I would like to thank the Girls Guide To blog for bringing this Pink Lemonade Margarita recipe to my attention. Let me know what y’all think!
Pink Lemonade Margaritas
1 (12 ounce) can of frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
3 (12 ounce) cans of cold water (just use the empty pink lemonade can)
1 (12 ounce) can of tequila
½ (12 ounce) can of Grand Marnier
Ice cubes (I like to use crushed ice)
Salt to rim the glasses
1 lime, wedged
Pour the (thawed) frozen lemonade concentrate into a pitcher, and fill the can with cold water. Pour into the pitcher and repeat twice for a total of 3 cans of water.
Fill the same can with tequila, and pour that into the pitcher. Fill about half of the can with Grand Marnier, and pour it into the pitcher.
Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Or blend mixture with ice to make a frozen version. Serve over ice in salt-rimmed glasses with a lime wedge!
Courtesy of: Girls Guide To…
Original Source: The EGG