It’s already mid July! Summer 2012 seems to be flying by so quickly. But while we still have some time left, I thought I’d share with you 10 things that I feel you simply must do before the end of the summer.
- Go on a picnic. Make some sandwiches, grab a blanket and some friends or a loved one, find a grassy patch in a park and have yourself a good time.
- Go to an amusement park. Any kind you want. Play games, go on rides, walk around until your feet hurt. Enjoy a day away from work, school, and stress. Just play.
- Play with water.Have a water balloon fight, buy a couple of water guns and go at it, go swimming, run through the sprinklers, walk along the shore, take a trip to a water park. However you want to do it, get to it! Summer is the best time to get wet and wild.
- Take a drive.One of my favorite things to do is drive through the hills near my house. It takes a bout 30 minutes if I take the short way, and that’s just enough of a break from all the traffic, drama, and craziness that life has to offer to allow me to clear my head. You can go with a friend, or just blast music by yourself, whatever fits your mood. So grab your keys, pick a route, and start driving!
- Go to the movies.They keep it cool in theaters, so it’s a perfect way to get out of the heat for a while. Plus, movies are just fun – especially with all the popcorn and candy.
- Lay in the sun.Grab a chair, a towel, or whatever you have handy, find a nice spot (whether it be in your backyard or on a beach). Lay back and relax as you soak up the sun. Don’t forget the sunscreen though! Make sure you cover yourself in that first so you’re not left with a bad sunburn.
- Make s’mores.Who doesn’t love making s’mores?! Have a bonfire on a beach, light up the fire pit in your backyard, or simply open your oven. Roasting marshmallows doesn’t have to be a camping only activity. You can do it wherever you want! Make a date out of it, get some friends in on the action, and enjoy!
- Make a smoothie. Grab your favorite fruits, toss ’em in the blender, and you’ve got a healthy and delicious snack. There are some great smoothie recipes here.
- See an outdoor movie. I lovegoing to the drive-in. It’s such a fun experience. Bundle up, bring blankets, a car with a big trunk or seats that fold down, your own popcorn and candy and you’ve got yourself your own traveling theater. This is perfect for date nights and family outings. And drive-ins aren’t your only option. Some parks show movies on big screens outside, some boardwalks show movies on the beach, and you can even turn your backyard into a theater with a projector and a big sheet.
- Have a Barbecue.There’s nothing better than an old family-style BBQ. Have a potluck, throw some burgers and dogs on the grill and have an evening of food, friends, and conversation.